Current Watches and Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 4:55 AM MDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on March 11, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from midnight tonight to 3 am
MDT Tuesday for Kings Hill and Elk Park passes and the higher
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from noon Monday to 3 am MDT
Tuesday for the foothills and lower elevation passes...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for heavy snow at Kings Hill and Elk Park passes and
the higher mountains which is in effect from midnight tonight to
3 am MDT Tuesday. A Winter Weather Advisory has also been issued.
This Winter Weather Advisory is for the foothills and lower
elevation passes for snow and is in effect from noon Monday to 3
am MDT Tuesday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Timing and main impact: heavy snow will develop in the higher
mountains tonight with rain prevailing at lower elevations. Snow
levels will fall on Monday causing rain to change over to snow
over the plains. Wet heavy snow will make travel and outdoor
activities dangerous at pass level and above.
* Snow accumulations: one to two feet of snow can be expected in
the high mountains. Eight to twelve inches of snow will affect
Kings Hill Pass and Elk Park Pass. Lower elevation passes...
White Sulphur Springs and Lower Mountain areas will likely
receive 4 to 8 inches of snow. However... only light snow amounts
are expected at lower elevations.
* Visibility: visibility could be less than one half mile in
* Other impacts: wet and cold weather will result in dangerous
conditions for Newborn livestock.
* Locations affected include: White Sulphur Springs... Boulder...
Boulder Hill... Elk Park Pass... Homestake pass... Kings Hill
Pass... Flesher Pass... MacDonald Pass... Rogers Pass.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
* To see a graphical representation of the degree of stress on
Young livestock please visit our web Page and click on the canl
link on the left side of the Page.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must... keep an extra flashlight... food... and
water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana... dial 5 1 1.
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 7:58 AM MST on March 07, 2014
Expires 11:15 AM EDT on March 10, 2014
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has extended the
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for minor flooding of poor
drainage areas in Gallatin... northern Madison... Jefferson and
* until 915 am MDT Monday
* warm temperatures will continue to steadily melt the snow cover
sending moderate amounts of melt water over area roads through the
weekend. Small creeks and streams are also filling and causing
County law enforcement and emergency service agencies are reporting
numerous areas of water flowing across major and secondary roads.
Travelers should be prepared to encounter hazardous Road conditions
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
Lat... Lon 4539 11246 4549 11270 4563 11269 4577 11250
4576 11223 4584 11244 4630 11258 4657 11203
4657 11164 4678 11158 4663 11133 4644 11124
4641 11106 4628 11113 4620 11106 4619 11077
4558 11079 4534 11102 4522 11103 4513 11244
- Alaska - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Dense Fog Advisory
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Special Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory, Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Ohio - Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning
- Texas - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement