Current Watches and Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:09 AM MDT on August 18, 2017
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on August 19, 2017
... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon today to 6 am MDT
* impacts: low humidities... hot temperatures... and gusty winds will
create erratic fire behavior and an increased risk of new fire
starts. Humidity recovery will be poor with continued gusty
winds for much of Friday night ahead of a Canadian cold front.
* Affected area:
in north central Montana fire zones... 112... 113... 114... 115
In southwest Montana fire zones... 116... 118.
* Counties affected:
in central Montana, Cascade, Fergus, Judith Basin
Lewis And Clark, Meagher.
In north central Montana, Blaine, Chouteau, Glacier, hill
Liberty, Pondera, Teton, Toole.
In southwest Montana, Broadwater, Gallatin, Jefferson.
* Wind: west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph Friday afternoon
and evening, decreasing after midnight.
* Humidity: as low as 12 percent Friday afternoon and evening.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute
to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this red flag warning.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Flash Flood Watch
- District of Columbia - Heat Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Special Statement , Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Watch
- Illinois -
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Kansas - Areal Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Maine - Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri -
- Montana - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Nevada -
- New Jersey - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- New Mexico -
- New York - Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- North Dakota - Fire Weather Watch
- Ohio - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Heat Advisory
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning
- - Small Craft Advisory