Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Yadkin
Freezing Fog Advisory
Statement as of 11:04 PM EST on March 07, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EST on March 08, 2014
... Freezing fog advisory in effect until 8 am EST Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a freezing
fog advisory... which is in effect until 8 am EST Saturday.
* Locations... generally along and east of a line from North
Wilkesboro... to Mount Airy... to Martinsville... to Chatham... to
* Hazards... freezing fog and black ice.
* Timing... 1 am to 8 am EST Saturday morning.
* Impacts... freezing fog will deposit a thin... rime ice on exposed
objects. Slush and earlier melting sleet and snow will refreeze
as black ice.
* Temperatures... upper 20s to lower 30s.
A freezing fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving... slow down...
use your low beam headlights... and leave plenty of distance ahead
of you. Also... be alert for frost on bridge decks causing
Statement as of 6:36 PM EST on March 07, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EST on March 08, 2014
... Patchy black ice possible early Saturday morning...
Temperatures are expected to fall to around or just below freezing
across the mountains and foothills of northwest and north central
North Carolina. From one to five inches of snow and sleet was
common across many of these areas early this morning. Water runoff
from melting snow and ice may refreeze as black ice on some roads
and highways late tonight and and early Saturday. Motorists planning
travel across this area late tonight and early Saturday should be
prepared to encounter some slick spots.
Statement as of 5:22 PM EST on March 07, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Danville VA...
A record rainfall of 1.28 inch(es) was set at Danville VA today.
This breaks the old record of 1.22 set in 1989. Official records
at Danville VA date back to 1948.
Local Storm Report
03/07/2014 0914 am
Jonesville, Yadkin County.
Snow m4.0 inch, reported by amateur radio.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Statement , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , High Wind Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Fire Weather Advisory
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freezing Fog Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oregon - High Wind Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Texas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Virginia - Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Freezing Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Air Quality Alert , Special Weather Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement