Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Madison
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 10:36 PM EDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on November 01, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 8 PM Friday to
8 PM EDT Saturday...
* locations... North Carolina mountain counties along the Tennessee
border from Avery to Swain counties.
* Hazards... heavy snowfall.
* Timing... rain showers will change over to snow Friday night with
snow levels dropping to the valley floors by daybreak Saturday.
Numerous snow showers will likely linger through the day on
Saturday... before tapering off early Saturday evening.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches... along with
as much as 10 inches on the higher west facing peaks.
* Impacts... the heavy wet snow combined with very windy conditions
could produce isolated tree and power line damage. Road surfaces
may see slightly less snow accumulation... but bridges and
overpasses will likely remain snow covered and icy.
* Temperatures... falling into the 20s by Saturday morning.
* Winds... northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Please report snow and ice accumulations by calling the National
Weather Service toll free at... 1... 800... 2 6 7... 8 1 0 1. Leave a
message with your observation and the specific location where it
occurred. You can also Post your report to National Weather
Service Greenville Spartanburg facebook or tweet your report
using hashtag nwsgsp. Additional details can be found at
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arkansas - Lake Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch , Lake Wind Advisory, Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Freeze Watch
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Indiana - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Kentucky - Winter Weather Advisory, Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Freeze Watch
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Freeze Watch
- Oklahoma - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Freeze Watch
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- - Gale Warning