Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Haywood
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 3:43 PM EDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on November 01, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 8 PM Friday to 8 PM EDT
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued
a Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow which is in effect from 8
PM Friday to 8 PM EDT Saturday. The Winter Storm Watch is no
longer in effect.
* Locations... North Carolina mountain counties along the
Tennessee border... and northern Jackson and Buncombe counties.
* Hazards... heavy snowfall.
* Timing... rain showers will change over to snow Friday night with
snow levels dropping to the valley floors by daybreak Saturday.
Numerous snow showers will likely linger through the day on
Saturday... before tapering off early Saturday evening.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches... with as
much as 10 inches on the higher west facing peaks.
* Impacts... the heavy wet snow could produce isolated tree and
power line damage. Road surfaces may see slightly less snow
accumulation... but bridges and overpasses will likely remain
snow covered and icy.
* Temperatures... falling into the 20s by Saturday morning.
* Winds... northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Please report snow and ice accumulations by calling the National
Weather Service toll free at... 1... 800... 2 6 7... 8 1 0 1. Leave a
message with your observation and the specific location where it
occurred. You can also Post your report to National Weather
Service Greenville Spartanburg facebook or tweet your report using
hashtag nwsgsp. Additional details can be found at
- Arkansas - Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning
- Florida - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- Indiana - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Iowa - Freeze Warning
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Kentucky - Winter Weather Advisory, Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Freeze Watch
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Freeze Watch , Winter Storm Warning
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Virginia - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Special Statement
- - Gale Warning