Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Mecklenburg
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:55 AM EDT on April 19, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 19, 2015
... Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of northeast Georgia... North Carolina and upstate
South Carolina... including the following areas... in northeast
Georgia... Franklin... Habersham... Hart... Rabun and Stephens. In
North Carolina... Alexander... Avery... Buncombe... Burke
mountains... Cabarrus... Caldwell mountains... Catawba...
Cleveland... Davie... eastern McDowell... eastern Polk...
Gaston... greater Burke... greater Caldwell... greater
Rutherford... Henderson... Iredell... Lincoln... Macon... McDowell
Mountains... Mecklenburg... Mitchell... Polk mountains... Rowan...
Rutherford mountains... southern Jackson... Transylvania and
Yancey. In upstate South Carolina... Anderson... Cherokee...
greater Greenville... greater Oconee... greater Pickens...
Greenville mountains... Oconee mountains... Pickens mountains...
Spartanburg and York.
* Through this evening.
* Moisture will increase across the region on today associated
with a passing warm front. In addition... an upper disturbance
will slide through the region aiding enhancement of any showers
and thunderstorms. Areas of heavy rainfall and potential
flooding are likely with some locations seeing up to 2 to 4
inches of rainfall.
* Where heavy rain occurs... small streams will rise rapidly and
possibly flood surrounding areas.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
- Alabama - Tornado Warning , Tornado Watch , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning
- Florida - Tornado Warning , Tornado Watch , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Tornado Watch , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Maine - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Coastal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Wind Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Areal Flood Watch
- - Small Craft Advisory