Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Carteret
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:06 AM EDT on October 22, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 22, 2016
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect through this
evening north of Cape Lookout...
* hazards... high threat of rip currents.
* Location... north of Cape Lookout.
* Timing and tides... highest threat of rip currents several hours
either side of low tide, which occurs around 7 am this morning
and 8 PM this evening.
If caught in a rip current remain calm. Don't fight the current.
Swim in a direction following the shoreline. When out of the
current... swim back to shore. If tired... float or tread water
until out of the rip current. If unable to escape... face the
shore and call or wave for help.
- Alaska - Blizzard Warning
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Special Statement
- California - Wind Advisory
- Colorado - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement, Beach Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Statement , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Georgia - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Special Statement
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Special Statement
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- New Hampshire - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New York - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Frost Advisory, Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory, Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Dense Fog Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Warning
- Tennessee - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Vermont - Wind Advisory
- Virginia - Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Wind Advisory
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning