Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Outer Banks Hyde
Coastal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 2:05 PM EDT on October 22, 2016
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on October 23, 2016
... Coastal Flood Advisory now in effect until 6 am EDT Sunday...
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect until 8 PM EDT this
* hazards... minor coastal flooding with a high threat of rip
* Location... high rip current risk all beaches. Minor coastal
flooding on Soundside of Outer Banks.
* Coastal flooding... water levels 1 to 2 feet above normal for
Soundside locations on the Outer Banks.
* Timing and tides... minor Soundside flooding expected through
late tonight. Highest threat of rip currents several hours
either side of low tide... which will occur around 8 PM this
evening and 8 am Sunday morning.
* Impacts... high water may flood roads and may impact some
properties... especially in low lying areas.
If caught in a rip current remain calm. Don't fight the current.
Swim in a direction following the shoreline. When out of the
current... swim back to shore. If tired... float or tread water
until out of the rip current. If unable to escape... face the
shore and call or wave for help.
A coastal Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds and tides
will combine to generate minor flooding of low areas along the
- Alaska - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Special Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Special Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Flood Statement , Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Frost Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Special Statement
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Special Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Hampshire - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- Rhode Island - Wind Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Frost Advisory
- Texas - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Vermont - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory