Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Inland Pender
Statement as of 8:01 PM EST on February 06, 2016
Expires 12:01 PM EST on February 07, 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
the Northeast Cape fear near Burgaw.
* Until further notice.
* At 7:30 PM Saturday the stage was 10.97 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 12.8 feet by early Wednesday
morning. Additional rises may be possible thereafter.
* Impact... at 12.5 feet... floodwaters cause roads to become impassable in the
River Bend, river birch and Alligator Lake subdivisions off Highway 53. These
areas become isolated due to the floodwaters and some evacuations may be
needed. In the Holly shelter estates subdivision, half of the area has water
on the roads due to floodwaters. Approximately 12 homes on old Maple Hill Road
off Shaw Highway become isolated.
Lat... Lon 3472 7798 3472 7786 3460 7776 3445 7779
3444 7788 3457 7788
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:34 AM EST on February 07, 2016
Expires 10:00 PM EST on February 07, 2016
... Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of southeast North Carolina and northeast South
Carolina... including the following areas... in southeast North
Carolina... coastal Brunswick... coastal New Hanover... coastal
Pender... Columbus... inland Brunswick... inland New Hanover and
inland Pender. In northeast South Carolina... coastal
Georgetown... inland Georgetown... coastal Horry and inland
* From this morning through early this evening.
* Periods of moderate to heavy rainfall from an intensifying storm
system moving up the southeast U.S. Coast... will produce
rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches... with isolated higher amounts
along the immediate coast. The recent heavy rainfall from
several days ago has not been able to completely run off or be
absorbed by the local grounds. As a result... any new rainfall
additions could quickly lead to flooding.
* Low-lying... poor drainage... ditches along roadways... near
streams and creeks... and prone locations such as intersections
... all could easily flood resulting in possible life threatening
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
current rainfall forecasts.
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Statement as of 3:51 AM EST on February 07, 2016
Expires 10:00 PM EST on February 07, 2016
... Wind Advisory now in effect until 10 PM EST this evening...
* winds and timing... an intensifying and powerful coastal storm
will track northeast... remaining just offshore... and pass by
the Carolina coasts at its closest approach late this morning
thru early this evening. The tightened surface pressure gradient
associated with this powerful low will produce north winds at 25
to 35 mph with gusts of 45 to 50 mph. Winds will become
northwest at the same speeds early this evening followed by a
diminishing trend from mid-evening thru the night.
* Impacts... the grounds across the watch area remain saturated
from the recent heavy rainfall of late last week. As a
result... poorly rooted and weak trees could easily be blown
down. Some power outages are also possible from these strong
winds. Motorists need to remain alert especially when traveling
across open roadways... and bridges and overpasses.
A Wind Advisory means that strong winds are expected. The strong
winds can make driving difficult... especially for high profile
vehicles. Use extra caution. Make sure light weight outside
furniture and garbage cans are properly secured.
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Arizona - Lake Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement, Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Wind Warning
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Wind Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Kansas - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , Winter Storm Watch
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Minnesota - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Blizzard Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - High Wind Warning , Blizzard Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Winter Storm Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Blizzard Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert