Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Coastal Pender
Statement as of 4:13 AM EDT on July 26, 2016
Expires 7:00 PM EDT on July 26, 2016
... Heat advisory now in effect from noon today to 7 PM EDT this
* heat index values... will peak between 105 and 108 due to
temperatures in the low to mid 90s... and dewpoints in the mid
70s except upper 70s along the immediate coast.
* Timing... the highest sustained heat index values will occur in
the mid to late afternoon hours.
* Impacts... the combination of hot temperatures and high humidity
will create a situation in which heat illnesses are possible. If
you suspect someone having a heat stroke... call 911 immediately.
To reduce the risk of heat illness during outdoor work...
the occupational safety and health administration recommends
scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned
environments... and to drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluids.
Never leave children or pets unattended in a closed up
vehicle during the day. In just 15 minutes... temperatures
inside the vehicle could easily surpass 140 degrees.
Outdoor livestock and pets will also need plenty of
shade... a well ventilated environment... and plenty of
accessible drinking water.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert
- California - Special Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Delaware - Record Report
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Record Report
- Nevada - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New York - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Rhode Island - Record Report
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report