Current Watches and Warnings
New Jersey, Western Monmouth
Coastal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 2:36 PM EDT on May 04, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on May 04, 2016
... Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 11 PM EDT this
* location... coastal areas of New Jersey and Delaware, as well as
areas along Delaware Bay.
* Coastal flooding... minor flooding is anticipated around the
time of this evening's high tide.
* Timing... high tide on the New Jersey and Delaware oceanfront
occurs between 600 PM and 700 PM this evening. High tide on the
back bays, along Delaware Bay and along Raritan Bay occurs later
than the high tide on the oceanfront.
* Surge... around 1 foot above the astronomical tide.
* Waves... wave heights on the ocean waters off the coast will
generally be 4 to 6 feet. Wave heights on Delaware Bay will be 2
to 3 feet.
* Impacts... localized roadway flooding is anticipated. Some roads
may be closed due to high water.
* Outlook... minor tidal flooding is again expected around the
times of high tide on Thursday and Friday, especially the
evening high tide. The threat of minor tidal flooding may
continue into Saturday depending upon the evolution of the
coastal low pressure system.
A coastal Flood Advisory means that minor tidal flooding is
expected. Minor tidal flooding often results in some Road
closures. Usually, the most vulnerable roadways will flood.
Do not leave your vehicle at a location that is prone to tidal
flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flood waters. The
water may be deeper than you think it is. You will be putting
yourself in danger and your vehicle may be damaged, leading to
For a list of the impact of different tide heights in your County
please go to www.Weather.Gov/phi/tides.
- Alabama - Wind Advisory
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- American Samoa - Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Wind Advisory
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Flood Statement , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Statement
- Washington - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory