Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Southern Lea County
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 5:52 AM MDT on August 30, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on August 30, 2016
324 am CDT Tue Aug 30 2016 /224 am MDT Tue Aug 30 2016/
The National Weather Service in Midland has issued a
* Flood Advisory for minor flooding in poor drainage areas for...
southwestern Lea County in southeastern New Mexico...
northeastern Eddy County in southeastern New Mexico...
* until 745 am MDT
* at 550 am MDT... Doppler radar indicated areas of moderate to heavy
rain that may cause minor flooding. Overflowing poor drainage
areas will result in minor flooding in the advisory area.
Up to one inch of rain has likely fallen over some areas.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Buckeye... Maljamar... Loco Hills...
halfway and Lea County zip Franklin Memorial Airport.
Please report flooding to your local law enforcement agency when you
can do so safely.
A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated... or
ponding of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.
Lat... Lon 3234 10336 3233 10416 3297 10404 3297 10377
3312 10376 3317 10341
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of southeast New Mexico and Texas... including the
following areas... in southeast New Mexico... central Lea
County... Eddy County plains... Guadalupe Mountains of Eddy
County... northern Lea County and southern Lea County. In
Texas... Andrews... Big Bend area... Crane... Davis/Apache
Mountains area... Dawson... Ector... Gaines... Guadalupe
Mountains... Loving... Marfa Plateau... Martin... Midland...
Pecos... Presidio valley... Reeves County and upper trans
Pecos... Terrell... Upton... Van Horn and Highway 54 corridor...
Ward and Winkler.
* Through this evening
* heavy rainfall is forecast over areas which received flash
flooding Sunday night and Monday. Any additional rainfall could
cause flash flooding.
* Low water crossings... bar ditches... Oilfield lease roads...
underpasses... and other urban areas prone to high water.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Beach Hazard Statement
- Florida - Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Hurricane Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Coastal Flood Watch
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch
- Montana - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Beach Hazard Statement
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Tropical Storm Warning , Hurricane Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Watch
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- South Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning