Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Sierra County Lakes
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:53 AM MDT on August 01, 2014
Expires 10:00 AM EDT on August 03, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through Sunday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of nm and TX... including the following areas... in
nm... central Tularosa basin... east slopes Sacramento Mountains
below 7500 feet... eastern Black Range foothills... lowlands of
the bootheel... northern Dona Ana County... Otero Mesa...
Sacramento Mountains above 7500 feet... Sierra County lakes...
southern Dona Ana County/Mesilla Valley... southern Gila
foothills/Mimbres valley... southern Gila Highlands/Black
Range... southern Tularosa basin... southwest desert/lower Gila
River valley... southwest desert/Mimbres basin... uplands of the
bootheel... upper Gila River valley and west slopes Sacramento
Mountains below 7500 feet. In TX... eastern/central El Paso
County... northern Hudspeth Highlands/Hueco Mountains... Rio
Grande Valley of eastern El Paso/western Hudspeth counties...
Rio Grande Valley of eastern Hudspeth County... Salt Basin...
southern Hudspeth Highlands and western El Paso County.
* Through Sunday morning
* widespread areas of rainfall of 1 to 3 inches... with a few
areas possibly totaling 4-5 inches... through Sunday morning.
* Normally dry arroyos and streams could be quickly filled with
fast moving water... mud and debris. Low water crossing
roadways could become impassable. Flooding of poorly drained
streets and intersections is possible for urban areas.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- California - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Areal Flood Advisory
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Tropical Storm Warning
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Tropical Storm Warning
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report