Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, West Slopes Sacramento Mountains Below 7500 Feet
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 3:00 PM MDT on September 22, 2014
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on September 22, 2014
The National Weather Service in El Paso has issued a
* Flash Flood Warning for...
extreme southwestern Otero County in south central New Mexico...
northwestern El Paso County in southwest Texas...
southeastern Dona Ana County in south central New Mexico...
* until 700 PM MDT
* at 254 PM MDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
redevelopment a cluster of slow moving thunderstorms with very
heavy rainfall over the Franklin Mountains and portions of
northeast El Paso. Some of this rain will drain west over portions
of northwest El Paso causing Arroyo flooding west of the franklins.
However bigger impacts are expected east of the Franklin Mountains
over northeast El Paso where 3 to 5 inches of rain fell earlier
today. Ground is saturated and catch basins are full. Any
additional rain will be quick to run off and cause flash flooding.
More life-threatening flash flooding of arroyos... washes...
urban drainages... and low lying areas is possible this afternoon.
Seek High Ground if you are in the vicinity of heavy rain.
* Locations impacted include...
northeast El Paso...
west El Paso...
Franklin Mountains State Park...
Lat... Lon 3206 10617 3177 10624 3185 10660 3202 10662
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:24 AM MDT on September 22, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 23, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of nm and TX... including the following areas... in
nm... central Tularosa basin... east slopes Sacramento Mountains
below 7500 feet... eastern Black Range foothills... lowlands of
the bootheel... northern Dona Ana County... Otero Mesa...
Sacramento Mountains above 7500 feet... Sierra County lakes...
southern Dona Ana County/Mesilla Valley... southern Gila
foothills/Mimbres valley... southern Gila Highlands/Black
Range... southern Tularosa basin... southwest desert/lower Gila
River valley... southwest desert/Mimbres basin... uplands of the
bootheel... upper Gila River valley and west slopes Sacramento
Mountains below 7500 feet. In TX... eastern/central El Paso
County... northern Hudspeth Highlands/Hueco Mountains... Rio
Grande Valley of eastern El Paso/western Hudspeth counties...
Rio Grande Valley of eastern Hudspeth County... Salt Basin...
southern Hudspeth Highlands and western El Paso County.
* Through this evening
* scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms capable of
producing widespread moderate to heavy rainfall will occur over
the affected area through midnight. Widespread rain amounts of
1 to 3 inches with isolated higher amounts will fall on already
saturated soil... resulting in considerable runoff.
* Normally dry arroyos... streams... and river could be quickly
filled with fast moving water... mud and debris. Low water
crossings will likely become impassable. Flooding of streets...
homes and businesses in low lying and flood prone areas will be
possible. Some flooding could become life threatening. People
living in flood prone areas should be prepared to take action if
rising water is seen.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Weather Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Weather Statement , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement