Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, East Slopes Sacramento Mountains Below 7500 Feet
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 11:01 PM MDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 18, 2014
... Flash Flood Warning remains in effect for southwestern Otero
County until midnight MDT...
At 1059 PM MDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar continued to
indicate thunderstorms with very heavy rainfall across the warned
Radar indicates over 2 inches of rain have fallen about 10 miles
south of Orogrande.
Locations impacted include...
McGregor range base...
White Sands National Monument...
Oliver Lee State Park...
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. If flash flooding is observed act quickly. Do
not enter the water. Turn around and move up to higher ground to
escape flood waters.
Lat... Lon 3278 10569 3202 10572 3203 10636 3278 10634
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:03 PM MDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Thursday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of nm and TX... including the following areas... in
nm... central Tularosa basin... east slopes Sacramento Mountains
below 7500 feet... Otero Mesa... Sacramento Mountains above 7500
feet... southern Tularosa basin and west slopes Sacramento
Mountains below 7500 feet. In TX... eastern/central El Paso
County... northern Hudspeth Highlands/Hueco Mountains... Rio
Grande Valley of eastern El Paso/western Hudspeth counties...
Rio Grande Valley of eastern Hudspeth County... Salt Basin...
southern Hudspeth Highlands and western El Paso County.
* Through Thursday evening
* scattered showers and thunderstorms today with moderate to
heavy rain. An area-wide increase in rain coverage tonight
through Thursday as the remnants of Odile move across from the
* Normally dry arroyos... streams... and river could be quickly
filled with fast moving water... mud and debris. Low water
crossings will likely become impassable. Several rivers will
likely reach bankfull and rise above flood stage. Flooding of
homes and businesses in low lying and flood prone areas will
be possible. Some flooding could become life threatening.
People living in flood prone areas should be prepared to take
action if rising water is seen.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Maine - Freeze Watch
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Minnesota - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Special Statement , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Freeze Watch
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch, Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Freeze Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Freeze Watch
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Wyoming - Record Report