Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, Northern Sangre de Cristos above 9500 feet/Red River
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 11:13 AM MDT on April 30, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on May 01, 2016
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to
6 PM MDT Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for heavy snow... which is in effect from 3 PM this
afternoon to 6 PM MDT Sunday.
* Snow accumulations... 8 to 12 inches with locally higher amounts on
higher peaks and east facing slopes.
* Timing... snow will begin this afternoon... then increase in
coverage and intensity this evening. Periods of heavy snow will
continue through the late night hours... before moderating on
Sunday morning and persisting through Sunday afternoon.
* Winds... generally out of the east at 15 to 25 mph.
* Snow levels... starting above 8500 feet this afternoon... then
dropping to valley bottoms this evening.
* Local impacts... roads will become snow packed and icy. Some
blowing and drifting of snow is expected. The visibility will
drop below a quarter mile at times tonight during periods of
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
- Alabama - Special Statement
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Watch
- Maine - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- New York - Record Report
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Special Statement , Record Report
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Flash Flood Watch
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement