Current Watches and Warnings
New Mexico, East Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 4:37 PM MDT on April 30, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on May 01, 2016
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 PM MDT Sunday...
* snow accumulations... 8 to 12 inches with locally higher amounts
around 15 inches on higher peaks and east facing slopes.
* Timing... snow will increase in coverage and intensity this
evening. Periods of heavy snow will continue through the late
night hours... before moderating on Sunday morning and persisting
through Sunday afternoon.
* Winds... generally out of the east at 15 to 25 mph.
* Snow levels... starting above 8500 feet... then dropping to
valley bottoms this evening.
* Local impacts... roads will become snow packed and icy. Some
blowing and drifting of snow is expected. The visibility will
drop below a quarter mile at times tonight during periods of
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
- Alaska - Wind Advisory
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- New York - Record Report
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Statement, Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement