Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Mineral and Southern Lyon Counties
Statement as of 3:20 PM PDT on October 24, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on October 26, 2014
... Wind Advisory in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a Wind Advisory...
which is in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT Saturday.
* Timing: winds will increase late Saturday morning and continue
through the afternoon... then diminish Saturday evening.
* Winds: south to southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Impacts: hazardous travel conditions for high profile vehicles
with travel restrictions possible on Highway 95. If you have
outdoor decorations... make sure they are secured or brought
indoors before Saturday morning.
Motorists... especially in high profile vehicles... should use
caution and remain alert for sudden gusts or cross winds. Check
our website at weather.Gov/Reno or listen to NOAA Weather Radio
for updates on this situation.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:57 PM PDT on October 24, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on October 25, 2014
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 8 am to 8 PM PDT
Saturday for strong winds and low humidity for west central
* affected area... fire zone 453 west central Nevada basin and
range and fire zone 459 Mineral and southern Lyon counties.
* Winds... southwest 20 to 35 mph with gusts to 55 mph. Strongest
winds north of Highway 50.
* Humidity... 11 to 19 percent.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity will
create critical fire weather conditions.
A red flag warning means weather conditions can cause fires to
grow rapidly in size and intensity before first responders can
contain them. Avoid doing outdoor activities that can create a
spark near dry vegetation... such as yard work... target shooting...
or campfires. Continue to check weather.Gov/Reno for updates and
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory, High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Dense Fog Advisory
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement