Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Esmeralda and Central Nye County
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 1:00 PM PDT on September 01, 2015
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on September 03, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am Wednesday to 8 PM PDT
Thursday for strong winds and relative humidity for fire weather
zones 460 and 462...
The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from 11 am Wednesday to 8 PM PDT
Thursday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Timing... Wednesday afternoon through Thursday evening. Some
recovery and lower wind speeds are expected Wednesday night.
* Wind... south to southwest 20 to 25 mph with gusts of 35 to 40
mph. Higher gusts are possible on exposed ridgetops.
* Humidity... minimum relative humidity values between 8 and 12
percent... with recovery to 25 to 30 percent overnight.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds... low relative
humidity... and dry fuels will create conditions favorable for
extreme fire behavior and rapid fire growth. Outdoor burning is
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring or imminent. Please advise the appropriate
fire weather officials in the field of this red flag warning.
- Alaska - Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, High Surf Warning , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Maine - Record Report
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Montana - Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory, Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Public Information Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement