Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Lincoln County
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:45 PM MDT on September 15, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from Thursday morning through
The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of northwest Arizona and south
central Nevada... including the following areas... in northwest
Arizona... northwest plateau. In south central Nevada... Lincoln
* From Thursday morning through Thursday evening
* tropical moisture is expected to push into the Desert Southwest
this week... bringing an enhanced risk of flash flooding across the
region. The highest risk of flooding will occur Thursday across
Lincoln and northern Mohave counties. There is still high
uncertainty in the evolution of the forecast during this period
and storms may be isolated to scattered in nature. However... with
many areas still recovering from flood impacts the risk for
additional impacts is high.
* Burn scars... urban centers... and areas that have recently
experiences recent flooding should pay close attention to
forecasts and warnings.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation
and persons in and near the watch area should be alert to the
potential for heavy rainfall.
Statement as of 5:35 PM PDT on September 15, 2014
... Record high temperature tied at Bishop CA...
a record high temperature of 97 degrees was set at Bishop CA today.
This ties the old record of 97 set in 2000.
The above information is preliminary and is subject to a final
review and certification by the National climatic data center.
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Massachusetts - Record Report
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report