Current Watches and Warnings
Nevada, Spring Mountains-Red Rock Canyon
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 1:05 PM MDT on September 16, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from Wednesday morning
through Thursday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of northwest Arizona... California and southern
Nevada... including the following areas... in northwest
Arizona... Lake havasu and Fort Mohave... Lake Mead National
Recreation Area and northwest deserts. In California... Cadiz
basin... eastern Mojave Desert... morongo basin and San
Bernardino County-upper Colorado River valley. In southern
Nevada... Lake Mead National Recreation Area... Las Vegas
Valley... northeast Clark County... Sheep Range... southern Clark
County and Spring Mountains-Red Rock Canyon.
* From Wednesday morning through Thursday evening
* Tropical Storm Odile will track east of the area over the next
48 hours. Tropical moisture from this storm has moved into
into the area and is increasing the threat of thunderstorm
activity and the potential for heavy rainfall. These
thunderstorms and the associated flash flood threat will be
isolated to scattered in nature. However... with many areas
still recovering from flood impacts the risk for additional
impacts is high.
* Burn scars... urban centers... and areas that have recently
experienced flooding should pay close attention to forecasts and
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation
and persons in and near the watch area should be alert to the
potential for heavy rainfall.
Statement as of 9:50 AM PDT on September 16, 2014
... Record high temperature tied at Death Valley CA...
a record high temperature of 119 degrees was set at Death Valley CA
yesterday. This ties the old record of 119 set in 1971.
The above information is preliminary and is subject to a final
review and certification by the National climatic data center.
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Blowing Dust Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report