Current Watches and Warnings
New York, Northern Warren
Winter Weather Advisory, Wind Chill Advisory
Statement as of 6:43 AM EST on January 30, 2015
Expires 11:00 AM EST on January 31, 2015
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 11 am EST this
... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect from 6 PM this evening
to 11 am EST Saturday...
* locations... Mohawk Valley and the Lake George Saratoga region.
* Hazard types... snow this morning and dangerous wind chills
tonight into Saturday morning.
* Snow accumulations... 3 to 6 inches.
* Maximum snowfall rates... up to one inch per hour.
* Timing... periods of snow will continue through morning. Snow
will taper to snow showers by afternoon.
* Impacts... snow covered roads and low visibility will make for
* Winds... northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Temperatures... 25 to 30 this morning... falling into the 20s this
afternoon and down to zero to 10 below tonight.
* Wind chill readings... as low as 24 below.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
driving. Allow extra time to reach your destination.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in
frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
If you must venture outdoors... make sure you wear a hat and
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 6:45 AM EST on January 30, 2015
The following are unofficial observations taken during the past 6
hours for the storm that has been affecting our region. Appreciation
is extended to Highway departments... cooperative observers... Skywarn
spotters and media for these reports. This summary is also available
on our home Page at weather.Gov/Albany
********************storm total snowfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments
... Berkshire County...
Lanesborough 2.0 519 am 1/30 weathernet6
Clarksburg 1.8 422 am 1/30 weathernet6
... Albany County...
Altamont 3.0 408 am 1/30 weathernet6
... Columbia County...
Ancramdale 0.9 444 am 1/30 weathernet6
... Dutchess County...
Red Oaks Mill 2.2 525 am 1/30 trained spotter
... Fulton County...
Johnstown 4.0 325 am 1/30 weathernet6
fishhouse 2.0 325 am 1/30 weathernet6
... Greene County...
Ashland 3.0 517 am 1/30 weathernet6
Halcott Center 3.0 359 am 1/30 weathernet6
West Kill 2.0 519 am 1/30 weathernet6
Catskill 0.8 426 am 1/30 weathernet6
greenvile 0.2 400 am 1/30 weathernet6
... Hamilton County...
Long Lake 1.0 437 am 1/30 facebook
Indian Lake 1.0 349 am 1/30 weathernet6
... Montgomery County...
Fonda 2.5 352 am 1/30 weathernet6
Amsterdam 1.8 440 am 1/30 weathernet6
Palatine Bridge 1.5 407 am 1/30 weathernet6
... Saratoga County...
Milton 1.8 413 am 1/30 weathernet6
... Schenectady County...
Duanesburg 2.0 522 am 1/30 weathernet6
... Schoharie County...
Charlotteville 2.2 310 am 1/30 weathernet6
Middleburgh 1.0 327 am 1/30 weathernet6
... Ulster County...
Highland 2.9 540 am 1/30 trained spotter
West Shokan 2.5 332 am 1/30 weathernet6
Kingston 1.9 345 am 1/30 weathernet6
Phoenicia 1.0 517 am 1/30 weathernet6
... Warren County...
Lake Luzerne 2.2 442 am 1/30 weathernet6
Warrensburg 1.0 525 am 1/30 weathernet6
... Washington County...
Hudson Falls 1.5 436 am 1/30 weathernet6
... Bennington County...
West Arlington 3.5 415 am 1/30 weathernet6
Manchester 1.2 440 am 1/30 weathernet6
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- California - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Wind Advisory , Wind Chill Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Wind Advisory
- District of Columbia - Wind Advisory
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Dense Fog Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Wind Advisory , Wind Chill Advisory
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Ohio - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oregon - Air Stagnation Advisory
- Tennessee - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory
- Virginia - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report