Current Watches and Warnings
New York, Southern Nassau
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:51 AM EDT on May 24, 2013
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on May 24, 2013
... High rip current risk remains in effect...
* locations... ocean beaches of Long Island.
* Rip current risk... high.
* Surf height... 3 to 5 feet.
* Lightning risk... low.
* Timing... strongest rip current activity this morning.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Talk to lifeguards and beach officials to
learn about any surf hazards and heed their advice. Pay attention
to flags and posted signs and swim in life guarded areas.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 5:10 AM EDT on May 24, 2013
... Safe boating week is may 18-24 2013...
The National Weather Service and the National safe boating Council
will partner for National safe boating week may 18-24. This week
will highlight relevant weather and safety specific public service
announcements for the recreational boating public.
Today/S topic is boating under the influence.
The effects of alcohol can be even more hazardous on the water than
on land. Boating under the influence affects judgment... vision...
balance and coordination. These impairments can increase the risk of
being involved in a boating accident... for both passengers and boat
operators. Alcohol is a contributing factor in about a third of all
recreational boating fatalities.
It is illegal to operate any boat or watercraft while under the
influence of alcohol or drugs.
For more information on hazardous weather and boating safety... visit
the following websites...
Publication information statements are online at
- Alaska - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Colorado - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Frost Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Weather Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Maine - Areal Flood Advisory
- Maryland - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory
- Nevada - Freeze Warning
- New Hampshire - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Frost Advisory
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning
- Oregon - Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Watch
- Rhode Island - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Vermont - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Washington - Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Special Weather Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory
Mobile Weather Watcher
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Crews On Scene Of Rescue... Massive Tornado Rips Through... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Batting Practice Buddies Fire Near Menahga, Minn.
- Renderings Of "The Yard" In... Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Senate Passes Gay Marriage... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Ice Surging Off Of Lake Mille... Hundreds Rally At Capitol For... Best Summer Festivals and... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
|Full Program Grid|
|7:00 PM||Undercover Boss|
|8:00 PM||Blue Bloods|
|9:00 PM||Blue Bloods|
|10:00 PM||WCCO 4 News at Ten|
|10:35 PM||Late Show with David Letterman|
|11:37 PM||The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson|