Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:42 AM EDT on September 02, 2014
Expires 4:00 PM EDT on September 02, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through this afternoon...
The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of Indiana and Ohio... including
the following areas... in Indiana... Dearborn... Fayette in...
Franklin in... Ripley... Union in and Wayne. In Ohio... Butler...
Clark... Clinton... Fayette OH... Franklin OH... Greene...
Hamilton... Madison... Montgomery... Pickaway... Preble and
* Through this afternoon
* an advancing cold front will bring the potential for heavy rain
through this morning and into the afternoon hours. There is
potential for locally heavy rain as well as possible training of
thunderstorms over the same area for several hours. Heavy rain
is possible over areas which have received from 2 to nearly 5
inches of rain over the past two days... with soil conditions
nearly saturated in some areas.
* The arrival of the heavy rain during the morning commute will
potentially create hazardous driving conditions in areas of
A Flash Flood Watch means that flooding of small streams, creeks
and other drainage areas is possible within the watch area.
People in the watch area should keep an eye on the weather and be
prepared for immediate action should heavy rains and flooding
occur or a Flash Flood Warning be issued.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Flood Warning , High Wind Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report