Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 2:42 AM CDT on July 25, 2017
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on July 25, 2017
... Heat advisory remains in effect from noon today to 8 PM CDT
this evening... additionally... a heat advisory is now in effect
from noon to 8 PM CDT Wednesday...
The National Weather Service in Norman has issued a heat advisory,
which is in effect from noon to 8 PM CDT Wednesday.
* Temperature... high temperatures will range from 94 to 101
degrees each day.
* Heat index... daily maximum heat index values will range from 100
to 106 degrees Tuesday and 103 to 109 degrees Wednesday.
* Impacts... heat exhaustion and heat stroke are possible for
individuals or pets outside during peak heating.
The combination of hot temperatures and high humidity will
combine to create a situation in which heat illnesses are
possible. Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room,
stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors.
Take extra precautions, if you work or spend time outside. When
possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible
and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work, the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat
should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an
emergency, call 9 1 1.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Heat Advisory
- Hawaii - Special Statement
- Idaho - Flash Flood Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Maine - Record Report
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Montana - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- New Jersey - Areal Flood Warning
- New Mexico -
- New York - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Lakeshore Flood Warning, Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory
- Oregon - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Pennsylvania - Beach Hazard Statement
- Tennessee - Heat Advisory
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- West Virginia -
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning