Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 9:24 PM CDT on July 22, 2014
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on July 23, 2014
... Heat advisory remains in effect from 1 PM to 8 PM CDT Wednesday...
A heat advisory is in effect...
For the following counties...
* in Oklahoma... Washington... Wagoner... Okfuskee... Rogers...
Pawnee... Cherokee... Osage... Nowata... creek... Sequoyah...
McIntosh... Muskogee... Okmulgee... Mayes and Haskell.
* dangerous heat index values of 105 to 110 degrees are expected
again Wednesday afternoon.
* the combination of hot temperatures and high humidity will
combine to create a dangerous situation in which heat illnesses
* take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
* To reduce risk during
outdoor work the occupational safety and health administration
recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air
conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be
moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an
emergency... call 911.
* Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... commercial radio or television
for the latest information concerning this weather event.
Additional weather information can also be found at:
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement, Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Michigan - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement, Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report