Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 3:30 AM CDT on July 25, 2014
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on July 25, 2014
... Heat advisory in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 8 PM CDT this
The National Weather Service in Tulsa has issued a heat advisory...
which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 8 PM CDT this
For the following counties...
* in Oklahoma... Washington... Nowata... creek... Okfuskee...
Okmulgee... Wagoner and Rogers.
* increasing heat and already humid conditions will combine to
produce heat index values near 105 degrees this afternoon.
Conditions will worsen Saturday and Sunday... as temperatures
climb to near 100 degrees and heat index values reach the 105
to 108 range. Additional advisories or warnings will likely be
needed for Saturday and again Sunday.
* the combination of hot temperatures and high humidity will
combine to create a dangerous situation in which heat illnesses
* a heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is
* take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
* To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest
breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone
overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location.
Heat stroke is an emergency... call 911.
* Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... commercial radio or television
for the latest information concerning this weather event.
Additional weather information can also be found at:
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Blowing Dust Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Heat Advisory
- Kansas - Heat Advisory
- Kentucky - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Maryland - Record Report
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Missouri - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Heat Advisory, Excessive Heat Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning