Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 3:32 PM CDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on November 01, 2014
... Freeze warning in effect from 11 PM Friday to 10 am CDT
The National Weather Service in Tulsa has issued a freeze
warning... which is in effect from 11 PM Friday to 10 am CDT
For the following counties...
* in Oklahoma... Okfuskee... Pittsburg... Sequoyah... McIntosh... Le
Flore... Latimer and Haskell.
In Arkansas... Crawford... Sebastian and Franklin.
* This replaces the watch that was in effect.
* a much cooler Canadian airmass will settle over the area Friday
and Friday night. Clear skies and diminishing wind will result
in temperatures falling into the upper 20s by Saturday
morning... with mid 20s possible in some lower lying valley
* these conditions will kill plants and other tender vegetation
that are left outdoors or unprotected.
* a freeze warning means freezing temperatures will occur.
* outdoor water pipes should be wrapped... drained... or allowed to
run in a slow steady stream. If you have plants... small trees
or other tender vegetation which could be harmed by a
freeze... take the time now to protect them. Potted plants
normally left outdoors should be covered or brought inside away
from the cold. Also be sure to bring your small pets indoors.
Outdoor pets should have a warm... dry shelter with sufficient
food and fresh water.
* Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... commercial radio or television
for the latest information concerning this weather event.
Additional weather information can also be found at:
- Arkansas - Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning
- Florida - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- Indiana - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Iowa - Freeze Warning
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Kentucky - Winter Weather Advisory, Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Freeze Watch
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Freeze Watch , Winter Storm Warning
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Virginia - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Special Statement
- - Gale Warning