Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, North Oregon Coast
High Wind Advisory
Statement as of 2:33 AM PST on December 18, 2014
Expires 3:00 AM EST on December 19, 2014
... High wind watch for the north Oregon and central Oregon coastal
beaches and headlands is cancelled...
The National Weather Service in Portland has cancelled the high
The wind will increase along the beaches and headlands late this
afternoon and continue through the evening... but speeds will
generally be 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph. There may be a
few isolated gusts to 60 mph between 4 PM and 8 PM. Peak gusts of
40 to 45 mph are expected in coastal communities.
Statement as of 2:35 PM PST on December 17, 2014
Expires 6:00 PM EST on December 18, 2014
... Potential for flooding Saturday night through Monday for
northwest Oregon and southwest Washington rivers...
A storm system developing over the Pacific is expected to bring
heavy rain to the Pacific northwest Saturday evening through
Sunday. As of now... it looks like the heaviest rain will be in
the north Oregon Coast Range and the north Oregon and South
Washington Cascades... but this forecast is uncertain.
Meteorologists will be keeping a close eye on the development of
this storm. This is a classic atmospheric river event that could
produce some areas of very heavy rain.
Rainfall amounts are currently projected as 5 to 8 inches for the
coast... Coast Range and Cascades... with 2 to 5 inches for valley
locations. Snow levels will be high... well above pass level... for
most of this event. If we get these amounts of rain or more...
there will likely be flooding on area rivers and creeks Saturday
night through Monday.
Stay up to date with the latest NWS forecasts at
weather.Gov/Portland or Mobile.Weather.Gov.
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - High Wind Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Tornado Watch
- California - Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Special Statement
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Kansas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Tornado Watch
- Maine - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Record Report
- Missouri - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Freezing Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- New Hampshire - Winter Weather Advisory
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Tornado Watch
- Oregon - High Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Tornado Watch
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Dense Fog Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory, Dense Fog Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Warning
- Wyoming - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement