Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Upper Hood River Valley
Statement as of 1:34 AM PDT on July 01, 2015
... Heat advisory in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 9 PM PDT
Friday for the Willamette Valley including the greater Portland
and Vancouver area... the lower Columbia... the I-5 corridor in
Cowlitz County... the western and central Columbia River gorge...
the Upper Hood River Valley... the Cascade foothills... and eastern
portion of the central Oregon Coast Range...
The National Weather Service in Portland has issued a heat
advisory... which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 9 PM PDT
* Timing: this afternoon through Friday evening
* temperatures: highs 85 to 95... except 95 to 100 in the Upper Hood
River Valley. Lows 55 to 65.
* Locations include: Vancouver... Battle Ground... Washougal...
Eugene... Springfield... Corvallis... Albany... ODell... Sandy...
Estacada... Sweet Home... Salem... McMinnville... Hillsboro...
Portland... Oregon City... Gresham... St. Helens... Veneta...
Toutle... Ariel... Lake Merwin... Cougar... Cottage Grove...
* impacts: take care not to over exert during the heat of the
day... and to stay hydrated with clear liquids. Automobiles can
heat up rapidly to temperatures harmful or even deadly to pets
and children. Use caution near area rivers... be water smart...
wear a life jacket and use good judgment.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency... call 9 1 1.
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 2:48 PM PDT on June 30, 2015
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on July 04, 2015
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Thursday afternoon through
Saturday evening for gusty winds and low humidity for fire
weather zones 639 and 639...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a Fire
Weather Watch... which is in effect from Thursday afternoon
through Saturday evening.
* Affected area... in orz639... fire weather zone 639. In waz639...
fire weather zone 639.
* Timing... lowest rh's combined with stronger winds expected to
occur between 1pm and 8 PM on Thursday through Saturday.
* Wind... 10 to 15 mph.
* Humidity... 13 to 18 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Smoke Advisory
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Areal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- Michigan - Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Flood Advisory
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Record Report
- New York - Special Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Ohio - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Wyoming - Record Report