Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Siskiyou Mountains and Southern Oregon Cascades
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:17 PM PDT on August 24, 2016
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 26, 2016
... Red flag warning in effect from 11 PM this evening to 11 PM PDT
Thursday for east wind with poor overnight rh recovery tonight and
strong gusty wind with low rh Thursday afternoon and evening for
fire weather zones 616... 617... 618... 619... 620 and 623...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from 11 PM this evening to 11 PM PDT
* Impacts: east winds, poor relative humidity recovery, and high
fire danger will likely contribute to a significant spread of new
and existing fires and strong, gusty wind with low relative
humidity and high fire danger will likely contribute to a
significant spread of new and existing fires.
* Affected areas:
in southwest Oregon...
fire weather zones... 616... 617... 618... 619... 620... 623.
* Counties affected:
in south central or... Klamath.
In southwest or... Coos... Curry... Douglas... Jackson... Josephine.
In western or... Lane.
tonight... .northeast to east 10 to 15 mph with gusts 20 to 30
mph, primarily on the upper slopes and ridges.
Thursday... becoming north 10 to 15 mph with gusts 15 to 25 mph
to include in the valleys.
* Humidity recovery: 25 to 45 percent on upper slopes and ridges.
* Minimum humidity thursday: 5 to 15 percent.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly.
Strong winds and low relative humidities will cause fires to
spread very rapidly.
Monitor NOAA Weather Radio and the National Weather Service
website for the latest information, forecasts, and warnings.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Iowa - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Areal Flood Advisory
- Montana - Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Special Statement
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report