Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Klamath Basin
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 10:53 PM PDT on July 25, 2017
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on July 27, 2017
... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT Wednesday
for abundant lightning and dry fuels for fire weather zone 623...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a red flag
warning, which is in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT Wednesday.
* Impacts: lightning and high fire danger will likely result in
new fire starts. Gusty thunderstorm winds could contribute to
fire spread. Despite rainfall, initial attack resources could
be overwhelmed and holdover fires are possible.
* Affected area: in southwest or... the high Cascade fire zone in
fire weather zone 623.
* Counties affected: in south central or... western Klamath. In
southwest or... eastern Jackson.
* Thunderstorms: scattered thunderstorms with lightning
activity level of 3. Lightning activity level of 4 is
possible in the higher terrain areas. Wetting rains will
occur with some storms but there will be strikes outside of
* Timing: scattered thunderstorms will persist through
Wednesday evening... peaking in strength and coverage during
the afternoons and evenings.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. Scattered
thunderstorms combined with dry fuels create conditions where
many fire starts may occur in a short period of time.
- Alaska -
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning, Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado -
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Florida - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning, Heat Advisory
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada -
- New Mexico -
- New York - Record Report
- Ohio -
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
- Pennsylvania -
- Tennessee - Excessive Heat Warning, Heat Advisory , Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia -
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement