Current Watches and Warnings
Puerto Rico, Northwest
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:49 AM AST on August 30, 2015
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on August 30, 2015
... High rip current risk through this afternoon...
The National Weather Service in San Juan has issued a high rip
current risk... which is in effect through this afternoon.
* Location... Jobos beach in Isabela Puerto Rico.
* Timing... through this afternoon.
* Impacts... rip currents will cause dangerous swimming
conditions for most of the day.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards... beach patrol
flags and signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... Yell for help. Remain
calm... do not exhaust yourself and stay afloat while waiting for
help. If you have to swim out of a rip current... swim parallel to
shore and back toward the beach when possible. Do not attempt to
swim directly against a rip current as you will tire quickly.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Advisory
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Record Report
- Washington - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement