Current Watches and Warnings
South Carolina, Inland Georgetown
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 9:29 AM EDT on October 13, 2015
Expires 1:00 PM EDT on October 13, 2015
859 PM EDT Fri Oct 9 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
the Santee river near Jamestown.
* At 8 am Tuesday the stage was 20.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring.
* Forecast, the river will continue to fall.
* At 19.0 feet, water begins to cover a portion of Lawton farm Lane.
Lat... Lon 3347 8002 3354 7998 3335 7969 3327 7946
3320 7951 3329 7976
... A Flood Warning remains in effect until 100 PM EDT Tuesday for
east central Williamsburg and central Georgetown counties...
At 848 PM EDT... emergency management and law enforcement personnel
have reported that flooding continues on the Black River near
Andrews... and at points farther downstream in Georgetown County.
Additional reports late Friday afternoon indicated the Black River
at Highway 41 in Andrews may have crested. It is anticipated that
the peak water level will occur in the Big Dam swamp area
Saturday... and in the Browns Ferry Road and Dunbar Road areas on
Sunday. In these areas it is estimated that a rise of another 6
inches to a foot is possible before the river finally crests.
Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Andrews... Oatland and Warsaw.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or has been
reported. People in or near locations susceptible to flooding should
take necessary precautions immediately to safeguard life and
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where water covers the roadway. Low lying areas like retention
ponds and drainage ditches become hidden from view when flooded.
Flood waters are usually deeper than they appear. When encountering
flooded roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
Please report flooding to the National Weather Service in Wilmington
at 800 - 697 - 3901 when you can do so safely.
Lat... Lon 3343 7949 3348 7965 3352 7960 3357 7957
3361 7955 3357 7944 3358 7938 3347 7920
- Alabama - Dense Fog Advisory
- Alaska - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Freeze Watch, Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning
- - Small Craft Advisory
- - Small Craft Advisory