Current Watches and Warnings
South Dakota, Rapid City
Statement as of 7:51 PM MDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from noon to 6 PM MDT Friday...
A Wind Advisory remains in effect from noon to 6 PM MDT Friday.
* Timing... Friday afternoon.
* Winds... southeast 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Impacts... sudden wind gusts can cause drivers to lose
control... especially in lightweight or high profile vehicles.
Strong winds can cause blowing dust... reduced visibility... and
A Wind Advisory means 30 mph winds... or gusts over 45 mph... are
expected or occurring.
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Freeze Watch
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Kentucky - Winter Weather Advisory, Freeze Watch , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Freeze Watch
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- North Carolina - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Freeze Watch
- Oklahoma - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Freeze Watch
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- - Gale Warning