Current Watches and Warnings
South Dakota, Haakon
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 2:54 AM MDT on August 04, 2015
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on August 04, 2015
The National Weather Service in Rapid City has issued a
* Flood Advisory for...
northeastern Jackson County in southwestern South Dakota...
southern Haakon County in west central South Dakota...
northern Tripp County in south central South Dakota...
Central Mellette County in south central South Dakota...
* until 900 am MDT Tuesday/1000 am CDT Tuesday/
* at 252 am MDT /352 am CDT/... Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due
to thunderstorms. This will cause minor flooding in the advisory
area. Up to three inches of rain have already fallen.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Philip... White River... Midland... ideal... wood... Belvidere...
Mosher... Witten... Hamill and Ottumwa.
This includes the bad river... White River... and associated drainages.
This includes Interstate 90 in South Dakota between mile markers 156
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams... as well as country roads. Do not attempt to
travel across flooded roads. Find alternate routes. It takes only a
few inches of swiftly flowing water to carry vehicles away.
Lat... Lon 4340 10017 4363 10109 4424 10200 4429 10117
4417 10116 4414 10104 4386 10106 4371 10073
4377 10058 4372 10046 4368 10009 4370 9990
4367 9987 4376 9969 4373 9967 4377 9966
4374 9962 4350 9962 4350 9954 4339 9953
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Special Statement
- Maryland - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report