Current Watches and Warnings
South Dakota, Tripp
Statement as of 3:53 AM CDT on September 30, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on September 30, 2014
... Wind Advisory in effect from 10 am MDT /11 am CDT/ this
morning to 6 PM MDT /7 PM CDT/ this evening...
The National Weather Service in Rapid City has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 10 am MDT /11 am CDT/ this
morning to 6 PM MDT /7 PM CDT/ this evening.
* Timing... late this morning through this afternoon.
* Winds... southerly winds from 20 to 30 mph are expected early
this morning... but then the wind will shift to the west to
southwest late this morning and increase to 25 to 35 mph with
gusts up to 50 mph this afternoon.
* Impacts... sudden wind gusts can cause drivers to lose control...
especially in lightweight or high profile vehicles. Strong winds
can cause flying debris.
A Wind Advisory means 30 mph winds... or gusts over 45 mph... are
expected or occurring.
Statement as of 2:40 AM MDT on September 30, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Rapid City Airport SD...
A record rainfall of 2.05 inches was set at Rapid City Airport SD
yesterday. This breaks the old record of 0.44 set in 1965.
Yesterdays rainfall was the second highest one day total for the
month of September. The highest one day total of rainfall for
September is 2.13 inches which fell on September 13 1966.
- Alabama - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- California - Frost Advisory , Frost Advisory, Freeze Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Colorado - Areal Flood Warning , Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Guam - Tropical Storm Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Hawaii - High Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Maryland - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Special Statement
- Oregon - Frost Advisory, Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory
- South Dakota - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Weather Statement
- Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Watch , High Wind Warning , Record Report