Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 12:59 AM CDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 10:00 AM EDT on September 17, 2014
747 PM CDT Tue Sep 16 2014
... .patchy dense fog possible across middle Tennessee through the
With clearing skies and calm winds... patchy dense fog will be
possible through sunrise across middle Tennessee... especially near
bodies of water and other low lying locations. Fog will be most
likely closer to the Cumberland Plateau.
Use extra caution while driving. Sudden reductions in visibility
below one half mile from dense fog will be possible. Slow down... use
low beam headlights... and leave plenty of distance between you and
the vehicle ahead of you. The fog should burn off around 9 am.
... .patchy fog formation... locally dense... possible across
middle Tennessee mainly after midnight through the mid morning
hours on Wednesday...
With breaks in persistant cloud coverage occurring across the mid
state this evening and expected to continue throughout the night...
along with light to calm winds... patchy fog formation is likely
to occur mainly after midnight... specifically near bodies of water
and other low lying locations prone to fog formation. Patchy fog
formation is also likely to occur across the Cumberland Plateau
region. This patchy fog may be locally dense... especially across
the Cumberland Plateau region.
Reduced visibilities from dense fog could make travel hazardous and
motorist are urged to exercise caution on area roadways tonight
through the mid morning hours on Wednesday... as visibilities may
be reduced to less than one quarter of a mile in some locations.
If driving... be sure to slow down... use low beam headlights... and
leave plenty of distance between you and the vehicle ahead of you.
Patchy fog should burn off by around 9 am.
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report