Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 3:35 AM CST on December 18, 2014
Expires 7:00 AM EST on December 18, 2014
821 PM CST Wed Dec 17 2014
... Light wintry precipitation early this morning in middle Tennessee...
A mix of light sleet and rain has been reported across much of
mid Tennessee early this morning. Also... pockets of light freezing
rain have been reported where the air is colder over the east
The light mixed precipitation will continue through the morning
rush hour. Locations that will be most affected by sleet and
freezing rain include areas northeast of Interstate
24... especially the Highland Rim east of Nashville and upper
Cumberland region. Locations southwest of Interstate 24 will have
Widespread travel problems are not expected... but some slick spots
are possible... especially on bridges and overpasses.
The possibility for slick spots should end by mid morning... with
temperatures expected to warm above freezing.
Please exercise additional caution while traveling this
morning... especially on bridges.
... Light wintry precipitation possible late tonight and Thursday morning...
Moisture will spread across middle Tennessee late tonight and
Thursday ahead of an approaching weather system. With overnight
low temperatures expected to be around or slightly below freezing
across much of the mid state, rain may mix with sleet or snow for a
few hours late tonight through rush hour on Thursday.
Locations that will be most affected are generally along and north
of Interstate 40 and the Cumberland Plateau, where surface temperatures
will be the coldest. This includes the Nashville Metro area. Although
the wintry precipitation is not expected to accumulate on roadways... ice
on bridges and overpasses is possible in some areas.
You are urged to stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or other
reliable source of weather information.
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - High Wind Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Tornado Watch
- California - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory
- Delaware - Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Special Statement
- Illinois - Special Statement
- Kansas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Tornado Watch
- Maine - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Record Report
- Missouri - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Freezing Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- New Hampshire - Winter Weather Advisory
- New Jersey - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Tornado Watch
- Oregon - High Wind Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Tornado Watch
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Dense Fog Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory, Dense Fog Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Warning
- Wyoming - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement