Current Watches and Warnings
Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 12:56 PM CDT on July 04, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on July 04, 2015
953 am CDT Sat Jul 4 2015
The Flood Advisory continues for
the Tennessee River at Savannah
* until Thursday July 09.
* At 12 PM Saturday the stage was 364.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 370.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will rise to near 366.1 feet Thursday July 09.
* At 366.0 feet... campsites along towboat Lane are flooding.
Lat... Lon 3548 8836 3548 8805 3527 8805 3514 8823
3501 8823 3501 8838
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 7 PM CDT this
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of east Arkansas... north Mississippi and west
Tennessee... including the following areas... in east Arkansas...
Crittenden... Lee... Phillips and St. Francis. In north
Mississippi... Alcorn... Benton... Calhoun... Chickasaw...
Coahoma... DeSoto... Itawamba... Lafayette... Lee... Marshall...
Monroe... Panola... Pontotoc... Prentiss... Quitman...
Tallahatchie... Tate... Tippah... Tishomingo... Tunica... Union and
Yalobusha. In west Tennessee... Fayette... Hardeman... Hardin...
McNairy and Shelby.
* Until 7 PM CDT this evening
* excessive rainfall.
* Roads may become washed out and impassable. In addition
flooding to residential and business areas prone to flooding
is also possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 1:40 AM CDT on July 04, 2015
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Tupelo...
a record rainfall of 6.3 inches was set at Tupelo yesterday. This
breaks the old record of 2.55 set in 1941.
- Alabama - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Alaska - Dense Smoke Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Guam - Flash Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Louisiana - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report