Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:27 AM MDT on September 19, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 20, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through Saturday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of southeast New Mexico and Texas... including the
following areas... in southeast New Mexico... central Lea
County... Eddy County plains... Guadalupe Mountains of Eddy
County... northern Lea County and southern Lea County. In
Texas... Andrews... Borden... Davis/Apache Mountains area...
Dawson... Ector... Gaines... Glasscock... Guadalupe Mountains...
Howard... Loving... Martin... Midland... Mitchell... Reeves County
and upper trans Pecos... Scurry... Van Horn and Highway 54
corridor and Winkler.
* Through Saturday morning
* abundant moisture from the remnants of Tropical Storm Odile
will continue to move into the region. An additional 1 to 2
inches of rain is possible in the watch area through tonight...
with isolated amounts of 3 inches or more.
* Flooding of creeks... arroyos... low water crossings... and city
streets will be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Local Storm Report
09/18/2014 0700 am
15 miles se of Andrews, Andrews County.
Flash flood, reported by law enforcement.
Portions of farm to Market 1788 closed due to 2.5 feet of
water over the Road, about 11 miles south of State
Highway 176. Vehicle accident reported at this location.
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Maine - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Special Statement
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report