Current Watches and Warnings
Texas, Reeves County and Upper Trans Pecos
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 10:19 AM CDT on September 20, 2014
Expires 5:30 PM EDT on September 20, 2014
The National Weather Service in Midland has extended the
* Flood Warning for small streams in...
Loving County in West Texas...
western Ward County in West Texas...
northern Reeves County in southwest Texas...
northeastern Culberson County in southwest Texas...
southern Lea County in southeast New Mexico...
southeastern Eddy County in southeast New Mexico...
* until 430 PM CDT Saturday/330 PM MDT Saturday/
* at 1006 am CDT... flooding of rural roadways... low lying
areas... normally dry creeks... and arroyos... and rivers are still
a concern. Even though heavy rain has moved out of the area
there is still high water and it will take more time for the
water to runoff. Highway 302 at the Pecos River and Highway 285
are flooded and closed. Most other roads are open in the area but
low water crossings on rural roads may be impassable. The Pecos
River is running high from Red Bluff to Mentone. There are
concerns for flooding along the Pecos from Mentone to near
Railroad crossing just north of Interstate 20.
Most flooding deaths are preventable... and many occur when motorists
drive across flooded roadways. It is never safe to drive on flooded
roads. It takes only a few inches of rapidly flowing water to quickly
carry away your vehicle. Turn around... dont drown.
Lat... Lon 3253 10410 3251 10374 3226 10371 3223 10308
3202 10308 3200 10333 3165 10334 3132 10324
3168 10443 3201 10479
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:58 AM MDT on September 20, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on September 20, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of southeast New Mexico and Texas... including the
following areas... in southeast New Mexico... central Lea
County... Eddy County plains... Guadalupe Mountains of Eddy
County... northern Lea County and southern Lea County. In
Texas... Andrews... Borden... Crane... Davis/Apache Mountains
area... Dawson... Ector... Gaines... Glasscock... Guadalupe
Mountains... Howard... Loving... Martin... Midland... Mitchell...
Pecos... Reagan... Reeves County and upper trans Pecos...
Scurry... Upton... Van Horn and Highway 54 corridor... Ward and
* Until this evening
* abundant moisture from the remnants of Tropical Storm Odile
will continue to move into the region. An additional 1 to 2
inches of rain is possible in the watch area through tonight...
with isolated amounts of 3 or greater.
* Flooding of creeks... arroyos... low water crossings and city
streets will be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory