Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 2:54 AM MDT on September 21, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 21, 2014
159 am MDT sun Sep 21 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of southeast New Mexico and Texas... including the
following areas... in southeast New Mexico... central Lea
County... Eddy County plains... Guadalupe Mountains of Eddy
County... northern Lea County and southern Lea County. In
Texas... Andrews... Borden... Crane... Davis/Apache Mountains
area... Dawson... Ector... Gaines... Glasscock... Guadalupe
Mountains... Howard... Loving... Martin... Midland... Mitchell...
Pecos... Reagan... Reeves County and upper trans Pecos...
Scurry... Upton... Van Horn and Highway 54 corridor... Ward and
* Through this evening
* an additional 1 to 2 inches of rain is possible in the watch
area today... with isolated amounts of 3 to 5 inches.
* Flooding of rivers... creeks... arroyos... low water crossings
and city streets will be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
The National Weather Service in Midland has issued an
* Arroyo and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
northeastern Loving County in West Texas...
northern Winkler County in West Texas...
southwestern Andrews County in West Texas...
southern Lea County in southeast New Mexico...
southeastern Eddy County in southeast New Mexico...
* until 600 am MDT/700 am CDT/
* at 155 am MDT... National Weather Service meteorologists detected
showers and storms with heavy rain capable of flooding 10 miles
west of Bennett... or 20 miles northwest of Kermit... moving west at
* The thunderstorm producing minor flooding will affect the following
southern Lea County...
northeastern Loving County...
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. Act quickly if flooding is observed. Turn
around... dont drown.
Lat... Lon 3200 10372 3211 10390 3243 10382 3242 10298
3191 10284 3177 10347 3201 10344
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Areal Flood Advisory
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Guam - Areal Flood Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- New York - Areal Flood Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Ohio - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Special Statement
- Virginia - Coastal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report