Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:24 AM MDT on August 30, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on August 30, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch now in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for
* portions of southeast New Mexico and Texas... including the
following areas... in southeast New Mexico... central Lea
County... Eddy County plains... Guadalupe Mountains of Eddy
County... northern Lea County and southern Lea County. In
Texas... Andrews... Big Bend area... Crane... Davis/Apache
Mountains area... Dawson... Ector... Gaines... Guadalupe
Mountains... Loving... Marfa Plateau... Martin... Midland...
Pecos... Presidio valley... Reeves County and upper trans
Pecos... Terrell... Upton... Van Horn and Highway 54 corridor...
Ward and Winkler.
* Through this evening
* heavy rainfall is forecast over areas which received flash
flooding Sunday night and Monday. Any additional rainfall could
cause flash flooding.
* Low water crossings... bar ditches... Oilfield lease roads...
underpasses... and other urban areas prone to high water.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Beach Hazard Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Hurricane Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Coastal Flood Watch
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory
- Montana - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Beach Hazard Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Tropical Storm Warning , Hurricane Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Watch
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- South Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning