Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 12:28 AM CDT on September 19, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
335 PM CDT Thu Sep 18 2014
The National Weather Service in Austin San Antonio has issued a
* small stream Flood Advisory for...
northeastern Zavala County...
northern Frio County...
southeastern Uvalde County...
southern Medina County...
* until 330 am CDT
* at 1226 am CDT... National Weather Service meteorologists have
detected thunderstorms with heavy rainfall across southern Medina
and northern frio counties... in the general area of Yancey and Frio
Town. Rainfall amounts of 1 to 3 inches have already fallen... and
another 1 to 3 inches is possible over the next few hours.
* Runoff from this excessive rainfall will cause minor flooding to
occur... especially along small streams and near low water
crossings. Some locations that will experience minor flooding
include... Biry... Frio Town... Moore and Yancey.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. If flooding is observed act quickly.
Most deaths in flash flooding occur in automobiles. Do not attempt to
cross bridges... dips... or low water crossings if water covers the
roadway. Never try to cross a flowing stream... even a small one... on
foot or in a vehicle.
Lat... Lon 2924 9893 2895 9892 2896 9965 2924 9965
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through Friday morning...
The National Weather Service in Austin/San Antonio has expanded
* Flash Flood Watch to include the following counties in south
central Texas... Bandera... Bexar... blanco... Caldwell... Comal...
Edwards... Gillespie... Gonzales... Guadalupe... Hays... Kendall...
Kerr... Lavaca... Medina... real and Uvalde.
* Through Friday morning
* average rainfall amounts of 1 to 3 inches... with isolated
amounts of 3 to 5 inches possible across the watch area.
* Flash flooding of low water crossings and other low lying and
normally flood prone areas is likely due to heavy rains.
Normally dry creeks and area streams may also see rapid rises.
A Flash Flood Watch means flash flooding is possible in or near
the watch area. If you are in the watch area... plan now for what
you will do if flash flooding develops. Stay informed and be
ready to act if you see flooding or if a Flash Flood Warning is
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report