Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:39 AM CDT on September 20, 2014
Expires 5:00 PM EDT on September 20, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect until 4 PM CDT this afternoon...
The National Weather Service in Brownsville has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for a portion of deep south Texas...
including the following areas... Hidalgo... inland Cameron...
Starr and Zapata.
* Until 4 PM CDT this afternoon
* very moist and unstable tropical air remains in place over much
of deep south Texas this morning. The continued presence of this
tropical moisture will maintain the threat of locally heavy
rainfall from slow moving strong showers and thunderstorms
throughout the day. Some areas within the watch area could see
rainfall totals today of 1 to 3 inches with isolated amounts
ranging from 3 to 4 inches. The combination of the recent heavy
rainfall across the middle and lower Rio Grande Valley and the
potential rainfall today may produce localized flash flooding in
the watch area. The urban areas in Hidalgo and inland Cameron
counties will be especially susceptible to localized flooding if
heavy rains impact these areas.
* Flash flooding could lead to water covering roadways and
intersections and making travel very dangerous. Low lying areas
could by inundated by flooding.
Residents... particularly those in flood prone areas... as well as
those living near small streams and creeks... should be prepared to
move to higher ground if flooding occurs.
Local Storm Report
09/19/2014 0713 PM
McAllen, Hidalgo County.
Heavy rain m1.24 inch, reported by ASOS.
1.24 inches in 20 minutes at the kmfe Airport.
09/19/2014 0712 PM
McAllen, Hidalgo County.
Flood, reported by trained spotter.
Minor street flooding at the Valle Vista mall. Heavy
downpours still occurring.
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Puerto Rico - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report