Current Watches and Warnings
Texas, Southern Hudspeth Highlands
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:50 AM MDT on September 21, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on September 22, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through Monday afternoon...
The National Weather Service in El Paso TX/Santa Teresa has
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of nm and TX... including the
following areas... in nm... central Tularosa basin... east slopes
Sacramento Mountains below 7500 feet... eastern Black Range
foothills... northern Dona Ana County... Otero Mesa... Sacramento
Mountains above 7500 feet... Sierra County lakes... southern
Dona Ana County/Mesilla Valley... southern Gila
foothills/Mimbres valley... southern Gila Highlands/Black
Range... southern Tularosa basin... southwest desert/Mimbres
basin... upper Gila River valley and west slopes Sacramento
Mountains below 7500 feet. In TX... eastern/central El Paso
County... northern Hudspeth Highlands/Hueco Mountains... Rio
Grande Valley of eastern El Paso/western Hudspeth counties...
Rio Grande Valley of eastern Hudspeth County... Salt Basin...
southern Hudspeth Highlands and western El Paso County.
* Through Monday afternoon
* scattered to numerous showers and thunderstorms capable of
producing widespread moderate to heavy rainfall will occur over
the affected area through Monday afternoon. Widespread rain
amounts of 1 to 3 inches with isolated higher amounts will fall
on already saturated soil... resulting in considerable runoff.
* Normally dry arroyos... streams... and river could be quickly
filled with fast moving water... mud and debris. Low water
crossings will likely become impassable. Flooding of streets...
homes and businesses in low lying and flood prone areas will be
possible. Some flooding could become life threatening. People
living in flood prone areas should be prepared to take action if
rising water is seen.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Areal Flood Advisory
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Guam - Areal Flood Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- New York - Areal Flood Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Ohio - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Special Statement
- Virginia - Coastal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report