Current Watches and Warnings
Utah, Sanpete/Sevier Valleys
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:06 PM MDT on June 29, 2016
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 10 PM MDT this
evening for for lightning after an extremely dry period for fire
weather zones 478... 482... 484... 489... 492... 494... 495 and 498...
* affected area... fire weather zone 478 Salt Lake desert... fire
weather zone 482 western Uintah basin... fire weather zone 484
Tavaputs plateau... fire weather zone 489 San Rafael Swell...
fire weather zone 492 central Utah west desert... fire weather
zone 494 Henry Mountains... fire weather zone 495 color Country
West desert and fire weather zone 498 Grand Staircase.
* Thunderstorms... isolated to widely scattered showers and
thunderstorms will persist through this evening before trending
to dissipate. These storms will likely have little rain
associated with them.
* Winds... any showers and thunderstorms that develop will be
capable of producing gusty and erratic outflow winds... with
wind gusts in excess of 50 mph possible.
* Impacts... lightning is expected to continue with any
thunderstorms through this evening. Due to an extended period
of dry conditions... any fires that start from the lightning can
spread quickly. Additionally... any gusty outflow winds in the
vicinity of these fire starts may result in extreme fire
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. Lightning after an
extremely dry period can result in fire starts that spread
quickly. Additionally... any gusty outflow winds in the vicinity
of these fire starts can contribute to extreme fire behavior.
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...
http://weather.Gov/saltlakecity (all lower case)
Statement as of 11:30 AM MDT on June 29, 2016
... Record high maximum temperatures reported for June 28th...
Station new record old record year
Ferron 97 96 2013
Randolph 91 89 2013
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Areal Flood Advisory
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Massachusetts - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Watch
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report