Current Watches and Warnings
Utah, Canyonlands/Natural Bridges
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:52 AM MDT on August 02, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 03, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from 10 am MDT this morning
through this evening...
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of Colorado and Utah...
including the following areas...
Animas river basin...
central Colorado River Basin...
central Gunnison and Uncompahgre River basin...
Debeque to Silt Corridor...
Four Corners/upper Dolores River...
Gore and Elk Mountains/Central Mountain valleys...
grand and Battlement mesas...
northwest San Juan Mountains...
Paradox Valley/lower Dolores River...
San Juan River basin...
southwest San Juan Mountains...
Uncompahgre Plateau and Dallas Divide...
upper Gunnison River Valley and
west Elk and Sawatch mountains.
La Sal and Abajo Mountains and southeast Utah.
* From 10 am MDT this morning through this evening
* showers and thunderstorms will be capable of producing locally
heavy rainfall today and this evening.
* The flash flood threat is greatest for small streams...
creeks... normally Dry Wash beds... slot canyons... Slick Rock
areas... and burn scars. Heavy rainfall can also cause mud debris
flows and Rockslides.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:43 AM MDT on August 02, 2015
... Record cold July in Grand Junction, Colorado...
July 2015 was the coldest July on record in Grand Junction,
Colorado. The average temperature, as measured at the regional
Airport, was 73.7 degrees. This is the coldest average temperature
for July in Grand Junction since record keeping began in 1893. The
second coldest average July temperature is 74.7, which occurred in
both 1911 and 1912. The normal average temperature for July in
Grand Junction is 78.2.
Also, in July 2015, five daily record low temperatures were tied or
day new record old record and year
7/10 53 54 from 2006
7/15 56 (tie) 56 from 1948
7/29 54 57 from 2005, 2002, 1922
7/30 55 56 from 2009, 1948, 1913
7/31 57 58 from 2014, 1909, 1896
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory