Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:34 AM CST on November 30, 2015
Expires 7:00 AM EST on December 02, 2015
... Flood Watch in effect through Wednesday morning...
The National Weather Service in Morristown has issued a
* Flood Watch for portions of east Tennessee and southwest
Virginia... including the following areas... in east Tennessee...
Anderson... Bledsoe... Blount Smoky Mountains... Bradley...
Campbell... Claiborne... Cocke Smoky Mountains... east Polk...
Grainger... Hamblen... Hamilton... Hancock... Hawkins...
Jefferson... Johnson... Knox... Loudon... Marion... McMinn...
Meigs... Morgan... NW Blount... north Sevier... northwest Carter...
northwest Cocke... northwest Greene... northwest Monroe...
Rhea... Roane... Scott TN... Sequatchie... Sevier Smoky
Mountains... southeast Carter... southeast Greene... southeast
Monroe... Sullivan... Unicoi... Union... Washington TN and west
Polk. In southwest Virginia... Lee... Russell... Scott...
Washington and wise.
* Through Wednesday morning.
* Moderate to locally heavy rainfall will continue across the
region over the next couple of days.
* Widespread moderate to locally heavy rainfall today through
Wednesday... could result in runoff issues and flooding of low-
lying areas. Smaller rivers and streams will continue to
rise... and also be susceptible to minor flooding due to this
A Flood Watch means that conditions are favorable for heavy
rain... which may lead to flooding in and near the watch area. If
you are in the watch area... .keep an eye out for rising water or
water over roadways. Keep informed... and be ready for action if
flooding is observed or if a Flood Warning is issued. If you
come to a closed or flooded Road... turn around! Don't drown!
Statement as of 4:03 AM EST on November 30, 2015
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Chattanooga Tennessee...
A record rainfall of 1.73 inches was set at Chattanooga..Tennessee
yesterday. This breaks the old record of 1.46 inches set in 1914.
- Alabama - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Freezing Rain Advisory , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Dense Fog Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Air Stagnation Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Statement , Winter Storm Warning
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Montana - Freezing Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- North Carolina - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Oregon - Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Air Stagnation Advisory, Dense Fog Advisory , Air Stagnation Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Record Report